Fire suppression systems offer a wide range of response to extinguishing fires in the most challenging hazard areas. Areas where a traditional water system would cause too much damage or down time. When properly designed, installed, and maintained, the vast fire suppression technologies available today gives facilities the flexibility they need to balance both fire safety and compliance while preserving expensive equipment and other valuables. The development of cutting-edge, clean agent, wet and dry chemical (waterless) fire suppression systems significantly reduces the potential for widespread damage.
Clean Agent Fire Suppression Systems
- Inergen (or Inert Gas) – A non-toxic fire suppression system composed of naturally-occurring gases designed to protect valuable or sensitive assets that would be otherwise damaged by conventional agents.
- FM-200 – A waterless fire suppression system that is quickly deployed in an emergency and won’t leave behind residue, particulate, or water.
- 3M™ Novec™ 1230 Fire Protection Fluid – A sustainable fire protection fluid and HFC alternative that works quickly, cleanly, and efficiently to help stop a fire before it starts.
- Equipment Specific Clean Agent System – Fire suppression systems that use clean agent suppressants to protect your high-value equipment without the cost of protecting an entire space.
- High Pressure CO2 –This fire suppression system allows for multiple discharges with minimal downtime and is often used to protect multiple spaces where there is a high risk of fire. Commonly used in manufacturing, printing, energy and chemical storage.
- Low Pressure CO2 –This fire suppression system has similar benefits to High Pressure CO2 and also gives the increased ability to cover larger and even multiple hazards at the same time.
- Halon – One of the original clean agent fire suppression systems, they have the similar fire-fighting capabilities as Inergen, Novec, and FM-200, though no longer produced due to ozone depletion caused by the agent. If you have these systems in place, it is important they are serviced by experts.
- Aerosol Systems – This is a cost effective clean agent alternative for certain hazard areas such as elevator control and electrical rooms.
Liquid/Foam-Based Fire Suppression Systems
- Ansul Foam Systems – These systems discharge foam into an enclosed space, surrounding the hazard. Little water is required to generate large quantities of expanded foam, which minimizes the potential for water damage.
Industrial Dry Chemical
Dry Chemical Fire Suppression systems are pre-engineered to combat fire damage in industrial applications such as paint spray booths, dip tanks, and other locations where hazardous materials may be stored. These systems feature mechanical or electrical detection options and either ABC or BC chemical agents. In the case of a spray booth, it is important to consider the composition of the hazardous material being applied as well as the object that is being coated.
The Jay L Harman Fire Equipment team understands your firefighting needs and is ready to help
Jay L Harman’s DOT Hydrostatic Testing facility and equipment meet all NFPA requirements for the hydrostatic testing of self contained breathing apparatus compressed gas cylinders in addition to testing ABC portable fire extinguisher cylinders.
Jay L Harman is the best and one of the biggest firefighting equipment suppliers and service providers in the region, specializing in fire suppression systems, fire extinguishers, emergency lighting, fire hoses, hydrostatic testing and more. Serving El Paso TX, Las Cruces NM and the surrounding areas, we pride ourselves on buying local and hiring local whenever possible.
Jay L Harman Fire Equipment is your go-to distributor for OVAL low-profile fire extinguishers in West Texas and New Mexico.
Since 1925, we have protected businesses throughout the area from the harms and hazards of fires. Every Jay L Harman technician is licensed and regulated by the Texas Department of Insurance State Fire Marshal’s Office. Each of these technicians continually receives the most up-to-date factory training and certifications by our manufacturers. Contact Jay L Harman Fire Equipment today. Let our friendly and knowledgeable staff tell you more about our fire suppression systems and help you find the ideal fire suppression system for your needs. Learn more about our full offering of fire extinguisher training, firefighting services, firefighting products, request a quote, ask a question or request additional information.