AMEREX Fire Suppression Systems
Jay L Harman Fire Equipment Company is a full line distributor for all AMEREX firefighting products. AMEREX offers three choices (KP, ZD and COBRA™) for commercial cooking applications. Each one meets or exceeds current UL-300 standards.
AMEREX KP Restaurant Fire Suppression Systems
Amerex offers two systems to meet the industry’s varying needs. With the Amerex KP Restaurant Fire Suppression System you get appliance-specific coverage that typically offers lower initial cost. The KP system is ideal for uses where appliance location is fixed such as in fast food chains, casual dining, cruise ships and school cafeterias.
AMEREX ZD Restaurant Fire Suppression Systems
The Amerex ZD Restaurant Fire Suppression System adds greater flexibility by letting you reconfigure a kitchen or move appliances without moving nozzles. Because of its adaptability, this system is the most cost effective choice over the life of the system. The ZD system was designed with fine dining, culinary schools, military facilities, hotels and hospitals in mind.
AMEREX Fire Suppression Systems Specifications
AGENT - The system agent is Amerex KP liquid fire suppressant, a potassium acetate based solution that suppresses cooking grease fires through both saponification and cooling. The agent has a pH of 9 or less and will not harm stainless steel surfaces under normal conditions.
AGENT CYLINDERS: (2.75, 3.75, 4.75 and 6 GALLON) - The agent cylinders are mild steel DOT 4BW 240 specification cylinders, tested to 480 PSI (3309 kPa). The agent cylinder/discharge valve assembly is fully factory charged with Amerex KP liquid agent and pressurized to 240 PSI (1655 kPa).
MECHANICAL RELEASE MODULE (MRM) - The mechanical release module is the spring-loaded type using a mechanical input and electrical, mechanical or pneumatic outputs. It is capable of actuating from one to ten agent cylinder/valve assemblies using one nitrogen cylinder and is operated either automatically by the detection network or manually by a remote manual pull station.
The MRM enclosure, available in either stainless steel or red painted steel, has a system status indicator and a window to observe the nitrogen cylinder pressure. The enclosure has provisions for applying tamper seals after final testing or periodic maintenance. The MRM enclosure has knockouts on three sides (top, bottom & right) to accept conduit. The MRM has two SPDT micro switches pre-installed.
MRM LINEAR FUSIBLE LINK DETECTION - The link to link system consists of four major components – conduit connector, cable segment beginning and end, conduit box, and link to link cable segment. The link to link cable segment ensures that the links are equally spaced at 24” center to center for whole hood detection.
PNEUMATIC RELEASE MODULE (PRM) - The PRM offers superior detection by using a linear pneumatic detection system. The PRM detection system consists of the PRM, thermal responsive tubing and end of line fitting. The tubing is pressurized through a small “accumulator” inside the enclosure, routed throughout the hazard area. When exposed to a fire condition, the tubing ruptures, relieving all of the pressure in the tubing and accumulator thus firing the system using a nitrogen cylinder. The PRM comes complete with enclosure, accumulator, end of line fitting, and connector for up to two remote mechanical manual pull stations, two SPDT micro switch, and “knock-outs”. It is capable of firing up to 10 – agent cylinder assemblies and actuating up to two gas valves. The tubing is sold separately and is cut to length. Stainless or red enclosure.
ACTUATION CYLINDER - The actuation cylinder is filled with 10 cu. in. of nitrogen and has an integral pressure gauge that allows easy field verification of pressure. This cylinder shall be capable of being refilled in the field by an Authorized Amerex Zone Defense Systems Distributor and shall not require periodic hydrostatic testing.
STAINLESS STEEL ENCLOSURE (OPTIONAL) - An enclosure housing an MRM and one agent cylinder is available. The pressure gauges for the nitrogen cylinder and the agent cylinder are visible without removing the front cover of the cabinet. Also available in a stainless steel single agent cylinder enclosure.
AGENT CYLINDER BRACKET - The agent cylinder bracket is steel, painted red.
DISCHARGE NOZZLES - Discharge nozzles are made of chrome-plated brass, and shall consist of a one piece tip/body, strainer and blow off cap.
AGENT DISCHARGE PIPING - Agent discharge piping for the Zone Defense system shall consist of nozzles placed no further apart than 20 inches the entire length of the hood creating an overlapping nozzle spray pattern which permits movement of the protected appliances such as fryers, woks, ranges and char-broilers, without altering the Zone Defense discharge nozzle locations. Specific appliance coverage can be used where necessary.
MANUAL PULL STATIONS - The manual pull stations are a “dual action” type. Both a ring pin and lever must be pulled in order to discharge the system manually.
MECHANICAL GAS VALVES – ¾” TO 3” SIZES - A mechanical gas valve, specifically listed by UL for use with the Amerex Zone Defense system, shall be installed for automatic shut off of gas whenever gas appliances are used. The valve has a “pull to close” design requiring a pull force to trip a latch that holds the valve in the open position. The cover of the gas valve has a visual indicator showing the valve’s state of readiness. The Amerex mechanical gas valve body is made of brass and is UL Listed for both natural gas and propane. Existing mechanical valves, if operating, may be used according to the listed Zone Defense Design, Installation, Maintenance and Recharge Manual.
ELECTRICAL GAS VALVE – ¾” TO 3” SIZES - If an electrically operated gas valve is required, it must be UL Listed for use with the Amerex Zone Defense system. The use of a UL listed manual reset relay is mandatory to prevent unmonitored gas flow due to power outage. A micro switch mounted in the PRM is used to control the closing of the gas valve at the moment of system actuation.
ELECTRIC MICRO SWITCH - UL listed electric micro switches are provided to accomplish system output functions. The switches are “stackable” inside the PRM without requiring extra mounting hardware. From one to four sets of dry form “C” contacts are available.
Amerex Restaurant Systems Unique Advantages, Features and Benefits
- Amerex Corporation has been manufacturing restaurant systems since 1995.
- Amerex is ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001:2004 certified.
- The Amerex pre-engineered wet chemical restaurant extinguishing systems are listed with UL per UL300 fire test specifications, UL of Canada per ULC/ORD 1254.6 – 1995 and LPCB (Loss Prevention Certification Board) – UK per LPS 1223 rev B.
- Amerex has over 600 distributors selling and installing our product in the US and abroad.
- Stored Pressure Agent Cylinders – does not require filling in the field, avoiding additional costs and labor charges from the distributor doing the final hook-up. The agent cylinders are available in 4 sizes (Model 2.75, 3.75, 4.75 and 6 gallon).
- Listings with all major manufacturers of gas valves – allows the mechanical contractor to use the existing valves or purchase the valve themselves, avoiding lost valves and accessories.
- Amerex offers multiple types of detection – fusible links, linear fusible link and pneumatic tubing.
- More flow points – The Amerex KP system can support up to 110 flow points without adding additional nitrogen cylinders or control equipment.
- Fewer nozzles – total of 7 different nozzles to inventory, less opportunity for mistakes in final installation, simplified system design.
- The Zone Defense restaurant system offers overlapping coverage with nozzles placed every 20 inches using fewer agent cylinders than the competition.
- Superior coverage – cover more appliances with fewer flow points, saves on agent cylinders, number of nozzles. Also, the largest fryer coverage on the market.
- Competitive pricing – some of the lowest costs in the industry for a total system installation.
- Remote MRM or PRM (control device) – agent cylinders can be located up to 100 feet away from the control head.
- Actuation line options – ¼” pipe, high-pressure hose or ¼” copper tubing can be used for the actuation line vs. ¼” pipe only.
- MRM or PRM (control device) mounting flexibility – Painted red enclosure, stainless steel enclosure, cabinet or OEM fabricated mounting.
For AMEREX Fire Suppression Systems in the El Paso TX area, call Jay L Harman Fire Equipment Company at (915) 533-7021 and in the Las Cruces NM area, call (575) 523-8880 or click here and fill out the form below.
Contact Jay L Harman Fire Equipment Company Today
Jay L Harman Fire Equipment Company has over 90 years of experience providing complete fire protection services for restaurants, commercial kitchens and other industries in the El Paso TX and Las Cruces NM areas. Our number one focus is your safety—we want to make sure your employees, property, and equipment are safe from the dangers of potential fires. We take pride in our “customer first” reputation, and we will do whatever it takes to make sure your belongings and guests are protected from fire hazards and that your building meets fire safety codes.
The best thing about partnering with Jay L Harman Fire Equipment Company is that we are your single source solution for all fire protection and fire suppression systems products and services. Our experienced fire safety professionals specialize in all aspects of commercial kitchen and industrial fire suppression systems, including:
- Commercial Kitchens, Restaurants and Industrial Fire Suppression Systems Sales and Installation
- Fire Extinguishers Sales and Installation
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Emergency Lighting Sales
- Firefighter, Personal Protection and Emergency Response Protective Gear
- Fire Hoses and Firefighting Accessories
- Fire Cabinets and Fire Extinguisher Hangers
- Commercial Kitchens, Restaurants and Industrial Fire Suppression Systems Services
- Fire Extinguisher Services
- Emergency Lighting Services
Don’t gamble with the safety of your restaurant, your employees, your valuable assets or your guests — Request a Quote or call Jay L Harman Fire Equipment Company TODAY at (915) 533-7021 (El Paso, Texas) or (575) 523-8880 (Las Cruces, New Mexico).